Monday, July 5, 2010

Week 3 + 4

Weeks three and four were a whirlwind of accomplishments. From coming to a more-or-less functional understanding of the procedure around customization, to successfully creating a bootable USB disk loading into a working Sugar environment with full driver support on my new Latitude E6400 laptop, huge strides have been made.

Unfortunately, I'm on a very crunched timeline here - FOSSed, a conference dedicated towards free-and-open-source-software for the dedicated purpose of education, is on the 7th.

My goal is to have a stable, functional, and distributable version of USR on a bootable CD drive between now and then. I've made quite a bit of progress, but there's tons left to go.

In the interim, here are a few photos of USR running on my laptop:

The "Maze" activity running on my laptop. 
Visible is the 1gb persistent flash drive I installed the Febuary USR build onto.

The Sugar home-page running on my laptop. 
If you look closely, you can see a graphical glitch in the top-left corner. 
Icons aren't properly being displayed - hopefully this will have been fixed in the July release.

That's all for now. I'll be blogging from FOSSed and will likely post tomorrow, after an all-day work session on programmatic flash-drive generation and bug squashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment